Writing is a process with
several steps to follow. This workshop allows you to work through all the
steps in the writing process with online resources. You can start at step one
and work through the rest of the steps in order, or you can jump in to
the workshop at any step where you would like some help or ideas.
This is what you can find in each section:
- 1. Ideas:
- Search the Internet for inspiration! Links to many pages on topics
of interest to kids.
- 2. Writing:
- Links to tips on writing and interactive writing projects
- 3. Revising:
- Use these links to hook up with keypals or network with
other young writers on the Internet. Exchanging ideas is a great way
to take another look at and add to your story.
- 4. Editing:
- Once the content of your story is set, follow these links
to online references to check facts, spelling, and other details.
- 5. Publishing:
- Find online magazines and other places to share your
- 6. Teacher resource page:
- Includes pages that can fit into several of
the above categories, links to online writing projects, places to find
strategies for teaching writing and more.
If you have any questions, comments,
or suggestions about these pages,